Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Outside Cover

A lab is recognizable by it's look.  It is amazing though how underneath that fur and that bark are always a different dog with a different personality.

I read a book recently, it scared the living daylights out of me!  I kept waiting for that happy ending and it never came.  It only got worse.  If you've read it, I'm sure you know the feeling, it's written by a contemporary author....and is about a school shooting and two childhood friends who grow up to be in different social circles in highschool.  I have to admit I skipped about 200 pages to the end to finish it early.  I'm glad I did because I would've really hated it more if I didn't.  I didn't sleep well that night.

It was really about being different, being accepted, being who you are and not being judged by the outside cover.  I admit I keep my blogs vague.  I read somewhere that you should keep it straight and personal but I don't like blabbing my whole life in a blog.  Too many nosy aquaintenances who think they are my friend. 

So what's on my cover?  I laugh thinking about it!  I imagine some picture a cover with my life as it happened 6 months ago.  Oh, six months ago was a different life and a wonderful turning point for us.  Some people imagine a cover from 7 years ago...if you knew me then it was completely different. 

If I could cover my book it would have a collage of pictures.  Pictures that represent my past, my present, and what might be my future.  You would see the faces of those who have loved me unconditionally; and you might see pictures of those who have taught me what or who I do not want to be. You might se places...as my life as always been recongizable by the places I've lived. 

There would be things you could not see: my beliefs, my faith, my questions.  You would not see the God that had brought me through those pictures...the thread that pull these all together to form a patchwork of art...good pieces, bad pieces...all in one piece. 

What's interesting is the outside cover rarely shows the depth of the inside.....

No comments: