Wednesday, January 11, 2012

He Likes the Broken Pieces

I was sitting with my mom at her kitchen table.  Nay and Zeke were with me.  Zeke had found this broken football and took it to my mom to play with her.  I told mom, "He likes the broken pieces."  For some reason Zeke likes the broken pieces of his toys.  I don't throw away the spare parts because I know he likes to play with them and bring them to me.

Oh how our God likes the broken pieces.  Broken lives, broken hearts, broken homes....He loves to take the broken pieces and make them whole, make them used for His glory.

We are broken through difficult things in life.  We are broken because of our own sin.  We are broken because of the trial we are facing.  We are broken because.....of so many things.  You might think of where you are broken. 

I am so glad God likes the broken pieces.  That he DELIGHTS in mercy.  That though I am all broke inside...lacking faith, lacking communion, lacking in prayer....that God loves me anyways.

"Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage?  he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.  He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us, he will subdue our iniquities; and thou will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."  Micah 7:18-19

No comments: