Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Light in Darkness

I can't see my chocolate labs in the darkness.  I once bought a blinking light to keep on Nay's collar so I always knew exactly where she might be when I stepped outside.  I just needed a glimpse of where she might be and I'd feel okay, I knew she was safe and in the yard.

I think of so many suffering this time of year.  My co-worker just told me that his friend went to Michigan this morning to bury his mother who died over the weekend.  I know the hospitals are filled with those close to their own death.  And then there are those that are dying inside.  Hurting and in pain.  Families that are shaken by financial, physical and personal problems. 

How can this time of year, we call Christmas truly be celebrated? I believe it is because of the Light in the darkness.  It is the Light in the darkness that guides us, and the Light in the darkness that comforts us when we feel we are lost.  It is the Light that brings warmth when needed. 

Sometimes I like to sit and stare at the Christmas tree.  People drive miles to neighborhoods to stare at lights.  There is something about the light in darkness that brings joy, hope, and in the quiet of the night peace.

I pray that this Christmas, no matter where you are in life, that you find the true Light of the World, Jesus and celebrate and search the joy and peace only He can bring.

Merry Christmas,


Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a shining light, my friend.

Love,
Your secret pal