Monday, January 16, 2012

PEACE

I found myself recently waiting at a doctor's office, flipping through magazines, passing the time.  I read an article about an author who chooses a word each year.  It is her word for the year.  So I felt the challenge. What word do I want for 2012?  I battered around in my head several...hope, faith, love...all the good words that seem to dream of more, expect more.  Great big gigantic faith, I mean really?  What could be better than that. 

Truthfully all the words are linked together but I did finally choose a word, PEACE.  It is something I ask God to help me with.  Not just the peace that you get and beg for each day but one that is silent and still.  Peace that passeth all understanding, that is consistent and steady.  Our emotions often override peace. 

God blankets us with peace, like soft snow on hard ground.  Yet we let the toils of this world wield it away like snow trucks blasting salt and sand, turning it grey and ugly. Our emotions overtake us and we find ourselves riding the roller coaster of life.  "Peace is not the absence of problems but the presence of God."  May I know His presence more abundantly so that steady peace blankets my heart. May 2012 be a year where I know God more and find peace in what He knows for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just made a note that says Shalom for my table for similar reasons. Peace to you my friend.
Donna