Monday, August 15, 2011

Saturday Mornings

In case you wonder what Saturday mornings are like in our home with two labs here you go!  I know, Zeke needs to lose weight but he's been working on it by running laps. Yes Nay is sassy but can you blame her? The younger one gets on her nerves.  I thought it would be nice for those of you who read my blog to actually see the scoundrels in action. 

Even though the action can be a bit wild I love Saturday mornings.  Hanging out in the living room in the "somewhat quiet" of the morning.  Catching up on old TV shows.  No schedule.  I might even curl up on the couch and take a mid-morning nap. 

For Zeke and Nay Saturday mornings are a time for entertainment.  I am there to feed them, give them treats, play ball....give them time.  They are happy.  Time is really one of the most precious things God gives us.  He gives it to us to enjoy our family and friends, to enjoy leisure time, to enjoy playing time....to enjoy life.  It is important that during the time He gives us to give time back to Him.  The little things that I enjoy at the end of my week on Saturday mornings cannot compare to the great things I will enjoy at the end of this life. The treasures.  The delights.  The time I give to Him each day, throughout the week, will continue to strengthen me on the journey of life. Just like Saturday mornings offer refreshment.....time with God does much for the soul.

No comments: