Friday, September 2, 2011

Who Are You Waiting On?


My labs wait for me.  It is a form of love and trust.  One that was built when I began providing for them. For Nay Nay, our rescue lab, I provided food, love, shelter, good health....I met her most basic needs.  She was starved and recovering from heart worms. It took a lot of time for Nay to trust us but as the months past the bond become greater.  For Zeke, as a puppy the bond happened instantly.  The provisions were the same and for most of his life he has known no other master.  My labs know I provide and so they wait for me.  They don't look to the neighbor for provision....though they wouldn't turn a treat down!  When Zeke needs to go outside he waits silently at the door.  When Nay wants water she waits by the empty bowl.

So who are you waiting on?  We wait on so many things and so many people.  We wait on our family, but our family is human and not always in full understanding of our needs.  We wait on our friends, but they can't always be there for us.  We wait on those in leadership, but they don't love us like the One that we should be waiting on loves us.

There is One who is holy, righteous, full of grace, ever-loving.....that we wait upon.  For when we wait upon the Holy One, we have nothing to be weary of, we have nothing to be fearful of, we have nothing to be needful of.  The Holy One knows our hearts and most basic needs.  The Holy One knows our fears and doubts. The Holy One knows our hopes and desires.....the Holy One knows....knows everything about us.

I was taking photos of my Bible to use as "wallpaper" on something I was working on.  I wanted a passage that was inspiring and common and when I found myself at Isaiah 40, I snapped a picture to include verse 31.  Before long I found myself meditating upon it.  I found myself saving it as my screen saver.  I found myself being inspired by a passage I have heard for years.  I asked myself, do I wait on the Lord?  To wait on the Lord is freedom....as soaring like an eagle....imagine being as an eagle, taking flight in the sky that knows no limits.  Freedom.


"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they small mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."  - Isaiah 41:31

No comments: