Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Testing the Boundaries

I walked Zeke two nights in a row.  He's been to doggy boot camp.  Our trainer (and yes I say "our" because Jeff had to train both myself and Zeke) told me that Zeke has been imprinted with what to do and how to behave.  He's a sneaky dog though.  Sometimes, he likes to walk just "a head" in front of me when he's suppose to be right beside me or just behind.  He's smart though, he knows not to go so far as to start pulling.  It's interesting this game he played tonight.  Getting ahead but not so far ahead that I just barely miss being able to correct him.  He's not usually like this.  He's usually obedient and takes little correction but tonight....he decided to test the boundaries.

In this life we are tested and sometimes God allows us to get ahead of Him.  We often find it exciting at first, bouncing along like Zeke did, glancing back once in a while to see if He's still there.  What ends up happening is something makes us uncomfortable and we got to get back to our safe zone, to the side of our Master.  Jeff, the trainer, told me that it is important that I establish leadership with Zeke.  He gave me examples on how to do so and he proceeded to tell me that it helps Zeke understand his role in the "pack" and helps him relax instead of being stressed out over it.  (Because if you've ready my blog long enough, he is not alpha material!)   It is a lot of pressure to lead, to make decisions that can affect long term.  That is why we need to let God be the leader, let God guide the way, let God weave us through the streets of life.  The pressure is off, the stress is gone, we find our safe place....slowly move to the side of our Master as He takes care of us.

No comments: