Saturday, October 13, 2012

Purpose for Every Season


 
Where's Waldo?  It took me forever to get a good picture of Zeke with the flowers.  I ran all around the flowers while he did too. He usually ended up on the other side of them, looking at me and laughing.  It's odd how when I am still he wants to be right on top of me but when I want him still he runs around like crazy.  So in this picture he hid behind the flowers. 
 
Finally I got him near me and still, and this is him smiling.  I said "Sit and smile Zeke!" and this is what he did.  Well, that's the story we are going to go with.  I was browsing through these pictures and saw spring.  Why does spring seem like forever ago and forever away?  I have always loved the seasons since much of my teenage years I lived in "seasonless" states.  (Hawaii and California....and yes I made up that word seasonless). When I see spring and fall I am amazed and the exactness of God's creation.  When I see snow I am reminded of pure beauty.   I often wonder how one can look around and not see God.
 
I looked at this picture below and noticed the flowers but that the trees were bare. Today those trees have green, yellow, orange and red leaves....ready to shed for winter.  And the seasons keep changing and changing and changing.  A cycle that goes on and on. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"   One thing I can always depend on and that is the sovereignty of God.  No matter the changes, the patterns, the age....I can depend on Him.  Every season has a purpose.  You can see that our world offers many products but as much as pineapple can grow well in Hawaii it does not do as well in Alaska.  Corn is everywhere in Indiana and potatoes in Idaho.  The farmers wait for seasons because with the seasons come sowing and growing.  Rain and harvest.  Seasons serve purposes for farmers.

God has a purpose for every season in my life.  Whether it is rain or snow, sunshine or clouds...there is purpose for the season I live through.  My job?  To live a life that exemplifies Him and brings Him glory. 

Debbie

No comments: