Friday, August 8, 2008

Never Too Much Chocolate





I've recently found many old friends on facebook and found they have blogs describing their adventurous life with their children. One, two, three...and five children! So I thought, how neat it would be to do that when I have kids. I sat thinking this as I yell at the puppy running through my home, seeing him circle around as if ready to "go". I make a mad dash toward him and pick him up only to carry him out and say "Go Potty!". I am sure my neighbors can hear me and are tired of the "Go Potty" that they hear about 20 times a day. I then realize, hmm....maybe I do have something to write about.

So in my first blog I introduce my two favorite chocolates....Naomi and Ezekiel. Naomi is our loving, 6 year old, rescue lab. We call her NayNay for short (unless of course she is in trouble). She is quite, and loving, and gentle. She is so emotional and when we brought Ezekiel home she was mad for 3 days. Wouldn't come in the same room as him. Ezekiel we call Zeke. He lived in our home for 2 1/2 days as "nonameyet". My first puppy! Right now I don't have much description for Zeke, except for possibly "chocolate loyal lightening".

In case you are wondering, Naomi was named before we got her. Since Steve once had Isaiah and Hannah as labs, we figured we'd stick with the Bible name theme. (sometimes we admit she was really named at the shelter when she arrived with her puppy Wynonna, but since Naomi means pleasant in the Bible, we thought to stick with it.) Ezekiel was a compromise between Barnabus and Judah. I just couldn't call him Barney.....I know you are thinking big purple dinasour too. Steve didn't like Judah as much as I did....so we landed with Zeke.

And now I have streaks of chocolate running through my house.... barking through my house....and occassionally one of them is peeing through my house....(but he's only lived hear a week, give me a few more and he'll have the potty thing down!)

Truthfully, God's blessings come in ways we least expect. What loyalty in both my chocolates. What unconditional love. I imagine I could disappoint Zeke and NayNay every day, and they would still be loyal and loving. They would still be seeking my attention. I am glad that God loves me unconditionally. That no matter how I dissappoint Him, He is faithful! Sometimes I get so busy in life I neglect what is most important to me. I think of only what happens in my 7:00-4:30 day that I lose sight of the other hours God has given me and the other blessings in my life.

So as you can see there is never too much chocolate in the Fincher home! I hope you can share in the life and adventure with me, Steve, NayNay, and Zeke.

No comments: