Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Growing Like a Weed



Growing like a weed, and yes I do say this considering there are dead flowers on my back porch. Someone who is reading this is going to notice the dead flowers and probably make some comment to me about them!
I must start this blog with saying my little Naomi will not let me take pictures very often. She is afraid of storms.......(making a connection yet?). Well, she attributes camera=flash=lightening=storms. Now, when I whip out the camera she pretty much turns the other way. I am sure as I continue my blog you will see those pictures. That's why I have to take 'side-view' pictures of the labs.

In the meantime, little Ezekiel is growing like a weed!! He's almost half the size of Nay and he's just 10 weeks! Of course, Naomi is a petite girl. She can eat anything she want and she doesn't gain weight. The kind of girl you love to hate!
The vet told me Zeke is "SOLID" and will be a big boy. I couldn't decide if "solid" was a polite term for "chubs", but as he grows my worries of Zeke become "chubs" is lessening. (Though he eats his dinner out of the bowl about like my Dyson sucks up chocolate hair off of berber carpet.) Everytime I look at him I think he's grown an inch or two. My father-in-law has fondly nicknamed him "The Bus". Poor Zeke, if he were a girl I am not sure how he'd like those terms: solid and bus. A girl would interpret that as "good personality". A boy, I am guessing, likes to be "bulked up". With Zeke, I guess we'll say he's "bussing up".
Since his full name is Ezekiel Barnabus, I am guessing that's where "the Bus" comes from. I then imagine: Jerome Bettis: Height: 5-11 Weight: 252. I do hope my father-in-law's nickname does not come forth as prophecy!
The pups are sweet and cute no matter their size. Zeke is AKC, and Nay is a rescue lab mix (fluffy tail gives her away). It doesn't matter to me their packaging, I love them the way the are.
God has made us all in unique packages. I imagine when he looks at us he loves us in whatever state we are, inspite of our package, or downfalls, or our failures. I am so grateful God loves me inspite of me!
I love Zeke even when he's having trouble making it to the door to announce he has to potty.
It's good God has patience with me when I fail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome family! I notcie poor Steve doesn't get any picture time. Oh and by the way, a small plastic white picket fence around the doublewide would look awesome. I'm still looking for Pink Flamingos (really), but can't find any.
Take care, Mike