Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can You?

I am a "Survivor" fan.  I've recently been watching the "Heroes vs. Villians" series and am amazed at how comparable it is to real life. 

I remember the episode where a "Hero", Candice, turned "Villian".  She wanted immunity and so she traded sides.  She "back-stabbed" or "deceived" her Hero tribe to gain the possibility of "safety" by joining the Villians.

I remember when her hero teammate voted her off, Colby said "I can honestly say, I am proud of the way that I have played this game, can you?". 

So I think about life itself.  I have recently worked in an atmosphere that would be best described as "toxic".  I have learned that this atmosphere turns people to do things that is completely out of their character.  To change their principals, in order to "survive"....for each person "survival" means something different, but "survival" is important.

Today, I was rescued.  God rescued me from having to make decisions that are against the nature that He has born inside me.  I can honestly say, that I am PROUD of the way that I played the game.  I thank God that He found a way....He found an out for me.  He found a place for me to RISE ABOVE.  To no longer be contaminated by the ways of those that chose the path of the "villian".

Not only is my name at stake, but when my name is at stake, the Lord's name is at stake.  I have a long journey ahead...but I believe that God takes care of me.  That He will continue to bless the road I am journeying on.  So today, I praise Him. 

It is true....God let me see beyond the trees.  I don't just see him in the good, I see him in the difficult trying times.  You can never know true forgiveness, until you have sinned.  You can never know true grace, until you know trials.  You can never know you've been rescued.....until you find yourself drowning.  His ways are above our ways.

No comments: