Monday, May 10, 2010

Wreaking Havoc

Zeke is my mail sorter.  At least he was when he first started living "outside" his crate.  Now he picks and chooses his "chew toys".  Chewed up my favorite "Clark" sandles the other day.  All I can do is sigh....what else do I expect?

I sit here as Naomi is walking circles around the hall ways.  We have two hallways that run parallel to each other.  One connects the dining room to the kitchen/living room/greatroom.  The other connects the living room/great room/kitchen to the front door.  She is circling...because the air pressure is changing.  Sometimes she switches directions and goes the other way.  She is "pacing".  (Zeke is chewing a bone in the corner..should take it away since he's on a diet)

Don't most of us pace when we're nervous?  I'm not sure why we do it.  I think sometimes we wreak havoc in our own lives with our pacing and worrying.  To "wreak", or "to inflict or execute".  Do we cause ourself our own worries sometimes? 

Naomi is quiet, she leaves very little "mess" in our home, but we are often spending time with her, comforting her, as she wreaks havoc upon herself over these storms.  Zeke, he demands attention for a different reason and that's because he wreaks havoc in our home.  I have to clean up the mess he leaves behind because he certainly can't.  (well, I don't want to leave it there for him to eat, and then poop it out later).

So I need the self-discipline to not wreak havoc upon myself.  To inflict myself with unecessary worry or fear.  To execute pain and hurt.  I know the Lord said to hold my peace and He will fight for me.  I wish I could see the battle raging and therefore the victory would be easier to see.  I know He has a plan, and he can see what happens in the end.  I wish He would show it to me. 

But patiently I wait....

No comments: