Tuesday, June 15, 2010

After the Rain

6/15/2010


It rained today. I couldn’t help but think how glad I am that it is raining. My flowers that I planted last week need this rain to survive. Every flower I have ever bought for the summer, has died within weeks and I am determined that this year it will last. This is the first year that I actually planted some in the ground so I think it might work (if I water it like I should).

I read today in “Streams in the Desert” by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman that instead of looking at the rain you need to look at the daffodils that will bloom in result of the rain. Instead of seeing the storm, see the blessings that have yet to come.

I am one of those that have a difficult time seeing the blooms yet to come. I believe our human hearts like to wallow in our pain. Have you ever seen a dog wallow? The first dog I ever saw a dog wallow was a weimeraner named Cole. Our neighbors in Tennessee had him. He loved to get out in the mud and just roll in it. I could hear his master, in her sweet southern accent yelling at him…”COLE, COLE, stop it!”

Our human hearts like to wallow in our own pain, to not look for the daffodils yet to come. I think it is just hard to see past tomorrow. To know what is yet to come. I often do not understand the ways of God and His doings, and it is then that I have to focus purely on Him, that He does have control. “The fool hath said in his heart there is no God.” This verse is just as applicable to the Christian who lives their life like there is no God. To be in despair as if God is not in control. So often when things go wrong we wonder why God is doing this to us but we don’t wonder what God has yet to do for us. We are quick to blame but not quick to praise. Keep praying for the daffodils that are yet to come. Maybe your daffodil is just around the corner.

No comments: