Saturday, June 19, 2010

Whatcha Hidin' Under There?

Naomi likes to hoard the raw hides (we call them chewies).  I remember one day I was at my parents with Zeke and their labs Peyton and Daffy and each lab got to have a chewey.  They are so hyper when they are together but Nay often sneaks to a corner.  That day Nay noticed each lab was forgetful of their own and slowly she would go to each chewey and take them over to the living room to her own corner.  Next thing you know she had 4 full chewies.  This picture shows you all the cheweys she was probably hiding from Zeke, under the bed. 

So if you had a stash you could hide what would it be?  I think we all have things we "hide".  I have a few friends that I consider "unconditional".  I feel like I can tell them anything about myself, my faith, my feelings and they would love me no matter what.  That they would not judge me and that they would accept me wherever I may be.  These friends are the ones that I can call on no matter what is going on in my life.  These are the friends that I don't have to hide from.
I am glad that our God is unconditional.  Even if we want to hide something from Him, we cannot.  The most wonderful thing about God is that He is the One that truly does understand us.  Our actions and reactions, whether right or wrong.  He is ever compassionate towards us and cares for us as His children.  I am glad that God is unconditional and loving, that He wants to cradle me in the palm of His hand.

No comments: