Thursday, February 3, 2011

Only He Can Calm the Storm

I am posting this for a few friends of mine who have some storms of their own.  I wrote it when I was going through a storm.  I know we all have them! 

When the storm around me rages, and I face a darkened sky
And the problems they grow greater, that I'm tempted to ask why
When I find myself fallen, on my knees to ask in prayer
"Lord, wrap your love around me, show me that you care"

Only you can calm the storm, and carry me through
Though the waves they toss above me, Lord, help me to see you
You can make the storm waters; feel as if it's calm
Lord give me strength to make it, Lord help me carry on

When life's trials get so heavy, and I know I'm in the storm
I see what is around me, instead of looking to My Lord
And the moment that I call Him, the storm becomes peace
And even though the waves move, it will feel as if they've ceased

And when the sea is calm, and I have not a care
Lord, help me to remember, to still call on you in prayer
And through each day I'll seek you, finding strength for every day
And when the storms come raging, I know that I can say

Only You can calm the storm, and carry me through
Though the waves they toss above me, Lord help me to see you
You can make the stormy waters feel as if it's calm
Lord give me strength to make it, Lord help me carry on.

Only you can calm the storm, and carry me through
Lord, give me strength to make it....Lord, I depend on You.

by Debbie Fincher, September 2004

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Debbie. It's beautiful.

Donna