Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brrr...Shiverrr....C-c-c-cold!!!!

I do not believe that Zeke is as miserable as he looks in this picture.  He really is just tired of waiting for me to take a picture before I open the door.  He really is oblivious that he has snow on him.  And Nay...well I just love this picture because she's just loving it.

My labs are the kind of dogs that cannot get enough of snow.  They could play in it all day.  The cold doesn't bother them.  I on the other hand, am not created by God to be able to roll and play in the snow!  In fact...thanks to the United States Marine Corps...my father was stationed in both Hawaii and California in my teenage years.  (Pure torture....wink, wink). 

Lately I've found myself sitting by my space heater, dressing in several layers, and getting under several covers.   It seems it is cold and spring is still a few months away.

Today I am in awe at the creation of God.  How Zeke and Naomi can enjoy the snow without putting on a coat, boots, hat and mittens.  (Can you picture it!)  How this month we have snow covered grounds, but six months from now I will be enjoying the warm sunshine.  The detail of science to me proves the existence of God.   What God has created is beautiful, inspiring, and unmeasurable.  I have been blessed to have seen his evidence in the deep Grand Canyons and a sunset in the Florida Keys.  I have seen it in the colorful fall of the Smokey Mountains and the clear waters of Hawaii. 

There are times in my life that I have to sit still to see God.  That I have to be quiet and listen, to hear God.  There are times in my life when I don't understand His hand and His ways.  But whenever I make it through it....I can look back and see the evidence of Him in my life.  So when I am in the valley and things are not clear....I can look around at what He has created and KNOW that He is there.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Love your posts Debbie!