Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spoilin'

How do my puppies spoil themselves?  I really don't know, but I know what they enjoy.

Zeke enjoys a fuzzy blanket (see above!), towel, and heat from the dryer.

Nay loves a good bone and is willing to take her 55 lbs. body and fight a 90 lb. lab for it.

Zeke likes to lay on the couch with you.

Nay likes to lay in the sun on a cool fall day.

I thought I'd take a little different take on this blog and do one kind of fun!

So how do we spoil ourselves?  This past summer I was unemployed for five months and had to find new ways to spoil myself.  I was remembering them as my best friend Kelli celebrated her own birthday this week....finding small ways to indulge.  So here it is, my list of inexpensive ways to indulge or spoil yourself.

10 INEXPENSIVE WAYS TO INDULGE

1.  Sushi-  At the right place you can get a good sushi roll for less than 10 bucks.  My heritage would suggest to many that I might like sashimi (raw fish)...but that is not true.  I prefer the Americanized sushi that might include avocado, cream cheese and may even be deep fried.

2.  Starbucks- Yes Starbucks is expensive, but when I want to feel spoiled I splurge.  You can get a good drink for less than 5 bucks, but if you are really on a budget...get yourself a black iced tea.  I can go anywhere, taste iced tea, and know whether or not it is made by Starbucks.

3.  iTunes- iTunes has EVERY kind of music imaginable.  I love how you can find one song and it can lead you to another and another.  There are songs for 69 cents (Frank Sinatra Christmas) and songs for 1.29.  You can even listen to part of it before you download...it's fun shopping for a song so why not?

4.  Socks- Kelli bought herself socks.  I love socks!!  I have Santa Clause socks and valentine socks.  I have warm fuzzy socks that are made to wear around the house.  I can put on a good pair of warm, fuzzy sock and feel spoiled.

5.  Magazine + Bubble Bath- Sometimes you have to read something just because it takes no thinking at all.  I highly suggest 'Real Simple' or Reader's Digest.  Make yourself a bath, light a candle, and relax and read a story.

6.  Sally Hansen's Manicure in a Bottle- I love a good pedicure, but this summer, I couldn't afford them.  A friend of mine passed on this awesome polish.  It is not the cheapest polish on the shelf, but I can guarantee you that you will not be disappointed.  Base coat and Top coat is no longer needed to achieve the look you want, just a steady hand. 

7.  Library Check-Out- If you have no money at all, visit your library.  At our local library you can check out movies, books, and music for free.  Find an old movie, find several and watch 15 minutes of each until you get stuck on one that you can't stop watching.  Try a movie you've never heard of.  And books?  Well, thousands to choose from and once you pick up a good series you'll be glued for months.

8.  Jewelry- yes, jewelry.  I love a necklace or a pair of earrings.  The best part?  You can never "outgrow" jewelry.  No matter how much weight you gain or lose...you will always fit in your jewelry.  Kohl's always has a good set to choose from and their prices are reasonable.

9.  Yankee Candle- after I got my first paycheck, I went and bought myself a Yankee candle.  No, they are not the cheapest candle but they are my absolute favorite.  I like to go to Bed, Bath, & Beyond, to the clearance section...with my 20% off coupon.  Did you know that the 20% off coupon's may say they expire...but Bed, Bath & Beyond will still take them!

10.  Ice Cream- now, I don't love ice cream, but if you run into me at Bruster's, you will know I am spoiling myself because "Birthday Cake Ice Cream" cannot be beat.  If you go to go Bruster's when it is raining or snowing...your second scoop will be free!!!

Well, those are 10 ways I spoil myself.  Hope you can get an idea of how to spoil yourself once in a while!

No comments: