Sunday, January 16, 2011

Picture Perfect

At first glance, this picture was imperfect.  I wanted a picture of my labs sitting obediently in front of the Christmas tree.  This picture did not occur.  Instead, I have Nay-Nay all hunched over and Zeke looking way up to my right.  Nay-Nay and Zeke are acting exactly like themselves!

If you have read through my blog you will know why Nay looks like that.  It is very difficult for me to get any pictures of Naomi.  She is storm phobic...so when she sees a camera flash, she is reminded of lightening...and of course reminded of storms.  In this picture she is showing her insecurity. 

Zeke on the other hand, is the most food-motivated lab I've ever known.  Right now he is on a diet.  In this picture, Steve is standing to my back right, holding a snack up.  In fact, when I yell the word "snack" while Zeke is outside...he'll come running around the corner.

So, you can see this "imperfect" picture is really picture perfect.  It is the exact personalities of my puppies.  Saying "SAY CHEESE!"  doesn't work with a dog, but us humans...we want the picture perfect.  You  know, when you pick the best "group picture" you always pick the one you look best in. 

None of us are perfect but when everyone knows your lives and your imperfections it can make you feel vulnerable.  It makes you want to block the world out.  I think life would be easier and people would get along better if we all were ready to admit our failures and insecurities.  Humility would happen for all of us. 

God loves me.  If God were to take a picture of me it would be one that showed my heart in action.  Just like Naomi's and Zeke's heart is in action in the given picture.  Would I be hunched over and insecure?  Would I be looking the world over for something I liked more? 

No matter what my state, God loves me.  I know I'm being repetitive, but you see, God loves me!  Though the picture of me is truly "imperfect"....to God, it is "picture perfect" because He loves me as I am.

No comments: