Sunday, January 23, 2011

I am His and He is Mine

Zeke is jealous of my computer.  I know you think I'm making it up, but I am not.  Sometimes when I go to bed I get out my laptop.  He jumps up in the bed with me, and with his nose he pushes my laptop closed.  I then push it back open and tell him, "NO".  He will then do it again and again.....usually, he will win because I will realize he needs my attention and so I will love on him a little.  It doesn't take long before you'll find me once again, getting out my laptop.  He realizes there has been some compromise, so instead of pushing it closed, he lays his head right on top the keyboard.  So as you can see, he knows that I can chose between him and the laptop and he makes me chose him.

(insert side note...I know some of you think I'm crazy to let a dog on the bed but I bet you don't have a dog...and if you do, you don't have one like Zeke or Nay)

Anyways, Zeke has been known as 'MY DOG'.  I am so proud of this.  He follows me everywhere.  He waits for me by the door.  He stays in the room that you will find me in.  He will nap with me on the couch and should I chose to kick him out of the bedroom, I'll find him laying by the door. 

There's a song that I love to listen to that always brings my heart to worship.  It is "Your Beloved" sung by By The Tree.  The chorus is as follows:

Lord who am I
Compared to your glory
Lord who am I
Compared to your majesty

Cause I'm your beloved
Your creation
And you love me as I am
You call me chosen
For your kingdom
Unashamed to call me your own
Cause I'm your beloved

What makes me love this song, is that I feel loved, I feel beautiful, I feel like I belong.  Because I am a Christian I know that I am a child of God.  I know that He loves me and that He created me. With all respect possible, I say I do not have to compete with a laptop for God's attention. In fact, He is waiting and wanting to hear from me.  To hear my petitions.  I am HIS beloved.

I don't know why I forget this sometimes. I love that Zeke is MINE.  That I am his owner, that he belongs to me.

God loves me, He is my owner, and I belong to Him.  It makes me feel beautiful, and it is a beautiful feeling.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!
Donna Getts