Friday, April 9, 2010

Dancing in the Rain


I remember when we first got Zeke. Seeing the world through his eyes was always exciting. I've never had a puppy so I'm not sure if all puppies react the same way.
The first time it rained the little guy danced around in the rain. It was the kind of rain that dropped in large drops, but in a slow uneven pattern. It would hit him in the behind and he'd twist around. it would hit him in the head and he'd twist the other way. He bounced around as I stood there laughing. Rain doesn't bother him anymore. He just goes out in it as if it is expected.
Naomi is different. Any kind of storm just absolutely frightens her. She knows it by the pressure in the air.
I'd like to view a storm the way Zeke does. Dancing in the rain, curious about what's happening. Not frightened a bit. When we remember whose in charge of the rain we can rest, but sometimes we fret as we run for shelter or search for an umbrella. Life's storms are not always easy but God can give us reason to dance in the rain. To still enjoy the journey he gives. God has given me a good life, a life that reminds me of His goodness and love for me. The blessings he has granted me through Godly friends and family has shown me the "BLESSINGS" he bestows. When God allows a dark rain cloud to enter my life, I know that He still gives me reason to dance in the rain.

No comments: