Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Crack in the Door


This picture is so old! It was the first year we had Naomi, at our home in Lenoir City, Tennessee. She was a "runner" as I like to call it. She'd see a crack in a door and she'd go jetting down the driveway with her ears flapping in the wind. I remember one time she turned around and looked at me on her way down, as if she were laughing at me. We had to keep her leashed up in the yard back then. Today it is different, she is older and wiser, and well.....wearing a shock collar for the electric fence. Truthfully, she is just more obedient.
One morning she got away without me noticing. She was leashed up but somehow, her collar broke and she started wandering the neighborhood. I was crazy enough to chase after her in my pajamas, barefoot, in the mud (as the subdivision was still fairly new). She's a stubborn one that's for sure.
And yet, I love the stubborn girl. I remember not being a "dog person". I couldn't pet a dog without washing my hands. Now I let them lay on me, lick me, and live in my house! I never understood the loss of a pet. Now the thought of losing Nay or Zeke brings tears to my eyes. Such love a little companion can bring.
I am glad, that even though I am the stubborn girl, running through the crack in the door, turning around laughing.....that my Master still loves me, inspite of me.

No comments: